UAS Project Consultant
We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways and now; Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure.
Airspace Link is a post-Series B high-growth data and softwarep based out of Detroit. Offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we are an award-winning company of 50+ team members that focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds and perspectives can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate
Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Partnered with the FAA, we work with state and local governments and commercial operators to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships and thought leadership.
Are you passionate about new technology and the emerging drone industry? Do you want to be in the driver’s seat to integrate drones into the airspace? As Airspace Link’s UAS Project Consultant, you will be working with our clients in private and public industry to realize their operational vision. Whether it’s supporting a large corporation with last mile delivery or working with various governments to organize a feasibility study for cross border operations, you will contribute operational, strategic, and technical expertise to our clients’ drone operations projects. As a liaison between the client and internal stakeholders, you will define project parameters, develop project plans in line with business objectives, and work with our in house team of GIS professionals towards successful project completion.
This role will require strong grasp of geospatial data (GIS) in the context of aviation or UAS, so we will consider all applicants that have a combination of GIS and Aviation experience in a high caliber capacity, such as consulting, strategy, or project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Business Development team to ensure a successful handoff between sales activity and project execution
- Utilize expertise in geospatial data as it pertains to aviation, meet with clients in person and virtually to determine and define UAS project scope and objectives
- Understand and predict resources needed to reach objectives and define project parameters
- Track and manage project tasking, milestones, and deadlines to ensure timely and successful delivery of projects
- Collaborate internally and externally to provide project updates around strategy, assignments, and timing
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Use data driven techniques to manage project performance, hold retrospectives, and recommend areas for improvement
- Write technical project scope in support of proposals, grants, RFPs, etc.
- Maintain information security within your area of the organization
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Aviation, Business or related field
Substantial domain knowledge and experience in aerospace, its rules and regulations. Pilot’s license a huge plus
7+ years of experience in Consulting, Project Management, or Strategy within UAS, GIS, Aviation or related field
Strong grasp of Esri technology and how it can be leveraged in UAS operations
Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of custom ArcGIS solutions strongly preferred
Understanding and application of sound business principles and strategies
Strong problem solving skills
Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills at all levels of stakeholders
Great organizational and time-management skills
Passion for UAS industry and comfort in ap environment
Travel Required: ~25%
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Location: Hybrid or Remote
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.