Senior Front End Engineer
Disco is building a collaborative commerce platform that enables brands to partner effectively, acquire customers efficiently, and scale faster. We help premium DTC companies like The Honest Company, Rhone, Lovevery, Glamnetic, and Made In work together to accelerate growth in a cost-efficient manner, especially in light of regulatory and platform changes (e.g. cookie deprecation, iOS changes). Our ecosystem of independent ecommerce brands utilize Disco to #GrowTogether outside of traditional marketing channels (e.g. Facebook and Google), while also benefiting from unique insights and information content that Disco offers its brands.
We've raised $26 million in funding from established investors (Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Shopify, Sugar Capital, RiverPark Ventures, and Indicator Ventures), to help merchants reduce their reliance on big tech platforms like Amazon and Facebook for customer acquisition and distribution. Since 2021, we have expanded our network to 1000+ brands, serving product recommendations to 50M+ shoppers & supporting $10B in e-commerce transactions.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our engineering team at Disco Technology! We are passionate about building powerful tools for ecommerce Brands to empower their data-driven insights, growth strategies, and success within the ecommerce space. As a Senior Engineer at Disco Technology, you will work with cross-functional teams, including designers, developers, and project managers, to create responsive, interactive, and user-friendly web applications for Disco's consumer-facing recommendations and our brand-facing insights and growth platform.
You will be joining a diverse and distributed team in a remote-first company that values efficiency and collaboration. We expect you to be self-motivated, curious, and passionate about building efficient and scalable systems to support our rapidly expanding online shopping recommendation platform.
What you bring
- You are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- You are curious, communicative, and have conviction, while also being flexible
- You have a strong sense of accountability and love big challenges
- You hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- You have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide feedback
- You are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
What you will do
- Design and implement scalable and maintainable web applications using React
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, developers, and project managers, to ensure project goals are met
- Write clean, reusable, and efficient code to create responsive, interactive, and user-friendly web applications
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to other developers to ensure code quality and consistency
- Identify and troubleshoot bugs and performance issues in web applications
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in web development and share your knowledge with the team
- Mentor junior developers and share your knowledge and experience to help them grow
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in front-end web development, with a strong focus on React
- Proficient in developing responsive, interactive, and user-friendly web applications
- Experience with state management libraries like Redux, MobX, or Apollo
- Experience with testing frameworks like Jest, Enzyme, or Cypress
- Strong understanding of web performance optimization techniques
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to mentor and guide junior developers
If you are a passionate and driven Senior Front End Engineer with expertise in React, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career growth and development.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 12 Holidays + 4th of July Week Closure & Christmas/New Years Week Closure
- 4 DisConnect Days including your birthday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- $250 Monthly Flexible Lifestyle Spending Stipend (ie. Cell Phone & Internet, Wellness & Fitness, Disco Branded Products, We Work Pass, etc.)
- $127 Monthly Commuter Benefit
- $500 for Home Office Setup
- Weekly Lunch Provided in SF & NYC Offices Monday - Thursday
Something looks off?