Head of Finance
Disco is building a collaborative commerce platform that enables brands to partner effectively, acquire customers efficiently, and scale faster. We help premium DTC companies like The Honest Company, Dr. Squatch, Laura Geller, True Classic, and Liquid I.V. work together to accelerate growth in a cost-efficient manner, especially in light of regulatory and platform changes (e.g., cookie deprecation, iOS changes). Our ecosystem of independent ecommerce brands utilize Disco to #GrowTogether outside of traditional marketing channels (e.g. Facebook and Google), while also benefiting from unique insights and information content that Disco offers its brands.
We've raised $26 million in funding from established investors (Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Shopify, Sugar Capital, RiverPark Ventures, and Indicator Ventures), to help merchants reduce their reliance on big tech platforms like Amazon and Facebook for customer acquisition and distribution. Since 2021, we have expanded our network to 1000+ brands, serving product recommendations to 83M+ shoppers & supporting $30B in e-commerce transactions.
- Develop and execute the company's financial strategy
- Lead the financial planning and analysis process, including monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Manage the accounting function working with external accountants
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to the CEO and other members of the executive team
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, including the preparation of financial statements, management reports, and investor presentations.
- Manage the company's budget and forecast
- Advise the CEO on all financial matters for the business
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to manage our financial model
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and drive operational efficiency.
- Build and maintain relationships with financial institutions
- Represent the company to investors and other financial stakeholders
- Provide insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making, resource allocation, and investment opportunities.
- Assist with strategic projects and financial modeling, as needed
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or related field, MBA or professional accounting designation preferred
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager, Financial Controller, or similar leadership role, preferably in a fast-paced technology startup or high-growth environment.
- 5-7 years experience in an FP&A or similar role, preparing financial reporting and profit & loss forecasts
- A strong track record of building deep cross-functional relationships with business partners across the organization
- Strong financial acumen and advanced proficiency in financial modeling, experience building complex and detailed financial models from scratch
- Strong analytical, decision-making and critical thinking skills
- A strong track record of execution and high impact in a fast paced startup environment
- Outstanding communication skills, and an ability to clearly communicate financial information to business stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- The ability to work with autonomy, thrive on change and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 12 Holidays + 4th of July Week Closure & Christmas-New Years Week Closure
- 4 DisConnect Days including your birthday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- $250 Monthly Flexible Lifestyle Spending Stipend (ie. Cell Phone & Internet, Wellness & Fitness, Disco Branded Products, We Work Pass, etc.)
- $127 Monthly Commuter Benefit
- $500 for Home Office Setup
- Weekly Lunch Provided in SF & NYC Offices Monday - Thursday