Head of Product
Disco is building a collaborative commerce platform that enables brands to partner effectively, acquire customers efficiently, and scale faster. We help premium DTC companies like The Honest Company, Dr. Squatch, Laura Geller, True Classic, and Liquid I.V. work together to accelerate growth in a cost-efficient manner, especially in light of regulatory and platform changes (e.g., cookie deprecation, iOS changes). Our ecosystem of independent ecommerce brands utilize Disco to #GrowTogether outside of traditional marketing channels (e.g. Facebook and Google), while also benefiting from unique insights and information content that Disco offers its brands.
We've raised $26 million in funding from established investors (Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Shopify, Sugar Capital, RiverPark Ventures, and Indicator Ventures), to help merchants reduce their reliance on big tech platforms like Amazon and Facebook for customer acquisition and distribution. Since 2021, we have expanded our network to 1000+ brands, serving product recommendations to 83M+ shoppers & supporting $30B in e-commerce transactions.
What We Are Looking For
Are you a product leader eager to build innovative products that leave a lasting impact on our industry? As our VP of Product, you will drive our culture of innovation, guiding our team to develop new products and features that supercharge customer value and fuel growth.
Our ideal candidate has expertise in e-commerce, retail media, and ad technology, along with a solid grasp of machine learning, bidding products, and ad auction systems. This position reports directly to the CEO.
The products you help shape will be used by thousands of brands and be experienced by millions of consumers. Join us to leave a lasting mark on the D2C industry. Come build something amazing with us at Disco.
- Be our product vision and strategy champion
- Build and maintain a high-performing product, design, and analytics team that is passionate about creating great products
- Define, communicate, and execute on our product roadmap
- Collaborate across all Disco teams to gather requirements and develop products and features to meet the needs of our customers and the market
- Foster a culture of innovation and experimentation
- Measure the success of our products, and use data to identify and test features to create multiplicative value for our brands and consumers
- Lead the product development process and make strategic decisions about future development
- Work in close partnership with Engineering and Go-to-Market teams to ensure the successful launch of new products or features
- Represent the product to the rest of the company
- Stay updated on industry trends and technologies in e-commerce, retail media, and ad technology
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders, including our investors, customers, and partners
- 10+ years of experience in product management leadership with a focus on e-commerce, retail media, or ad tech, preferably with some startup experience
- Proven track record of success in launching new products and features
- Strong understanding of the latest trends and technologies in the industry, including machine learning
- Experience developing ad auction systems, bidding products, or other machine learning-powered solutions a plus
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing the product management, product design, and product analytics functions
- A cross-functional leader and able to build strong relationships across the company, demonstrated track record of strong partnerships with GTM teams
- Able to articulate the company's product vision and strategy with ease and proficiency, whether addressing internal team members or external investors and financial stakeholders
Salary Range: $200K - $300K
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 12 Holidays + 4th of July Week Closure & Christmas-New Years Week Closure
- 4 DisConnect Days including your birthday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- $250 Monthly Flexible Lifestyle Spending Stipend (ie. Cell Phone & Internet, Wellness & Fitness, Disco Branded Products, We Work Pass, etc.)
- $127 Monthly Commuter Benefit
- $500 for Home Office Setup
- Weekly Lunch Provided in SF & NYC Offices Monday - Thursday