Strategic Account Executive
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by some of the most reputable investors in tech, and we are building our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
Strategic Account Executive
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive who is excited to get in on the ground floor of a growing Strategic Sales team and help make this vertical the fastest growing and largest line of revenue at the company.
This role will require you not only to become an expert on Lob’s product and the direct mail industry but to step beyond the role of a typical Account Executive and help shape the vision of this novel team. We want someone ready to question the process, poke holes in our approach, and ultimately write the playbook to sell our product in new and interesting ways.
As the Strategic Account Executive, you’ll…
- Work closely with your supporting functions to identify, qualify, and close new opportunities with existing strategic partners
- Become a master of outbound messaging to create a strong and sustained pipeline
- Develop and lead strategic sales and high priority opportunities within your target accounts from inception to close
- Play a personal and direct role in building and maintaining enduring customer relationships, up to C-level
- Be the expert that articulates Lob’s expertise and capabilities
- Provide technical, value-based demonstrations of the product configured to the requirements and use cases of the sophisticated and demanding organizations
- Manage and lead proof of concept evaluations
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs when required
- Coordinate both external and internal resources in order to build momentum and facilitate agreements with customers
- Provide market and customer feedback to inform our product and service roadmap
- Work closely with members of our marketing, sales development, sales engineering, product, and engineering teams
What will you bring to this role…
- BA/BS degree
- A proven track record exceeding quota and 7+ years of experience in a closing role leading customers through a B2B SaaS sales cycle
- Experience in Direct Mail or Supply Chain
- Documented success selling software solutions in complex ecosystems, preferably APIs
- Comfort with a fast paced environment, and a bias towards immediate action and results
- A relentless work ethic, mental toughness, focus, and comfort with ambiguity
- Willing to go out of your way to complete a job and a relentless drive to achieve results; you take initiative with minimal direction or supervision
- The creativity to handle never-before-seen situations smoothly
- Willingness to travel periodically for events and customer meetings (10-25%)
This position is structured to receive a base salary, variable + Restricted Stock Units
Base Salary: 130,000.00 - 144,500.00
Variable: 130,000.00 - 144,500.00
Base Salary: 123,000.00 - 136,500.00
Variable: 123,000.00 - 136,500.00
“Lob’s salary ranges are based on market data, relative to our size, industry and stage of growth. Salary is one part of total compensation, which also includes equity, perks and competitive benefits. Salary decisions are based on many factors including geographic location, qualifications for the role, skillset, proficiency and experience level. Lob reasonably expects to pay candidates who are offered roles within the provided salary ranges.”
We offer remote working opportunities in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NE, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, and WA, unless specified otherwise in the job description above.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2022
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500