Senior Account Manager, GTM Partners
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by some of the most reputable investors in tech, and we are building our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
Senior Account Manager, GTM Partners
We are seeking a strategic-thinking account management leader to proactively lead and expand Lob’s GTM partner relationships. This high visibility leader will bring direct marketing domain expertise, relationship-focused account management experience, and commercial and technical savvy to ensure Lob’s most mission critical customers’ success. Our Account Management team nurtures the adoption of our products and services so customers realize tangible value. This role is highly cross functional, partnering with sales, product, engineering and fulfillment to ensure customers continue to grow and expand their use of Lob. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager of Account Management.
As the Senior Account Manager, GTM Partners you’ll…
- Develop deep knowledge of customers’ organizational dynamics and the role of direct mail in achieving business goals
- Collaborate with go to market partners and experience effectively engaging with downstream customer user bases and managing reseller relationships for seamless business operations.
- Create and manage account plans across portfolios of our got to market partners with significant strategic and commercial value to Lob
- Leverage your strategic consultative and project management skills to better understand your customers’ objectives for using Lob.
- Be an advocate for go to market partners internally, working with Sales, Operations, Product and Engineering to deliver against key initiatives.
- Identify expansion, upsell opportunities and cross sell opportunities; own renewal and expansion negotiations; predict and prevent customer churn
- Conduct quarterly executive business reviews to foster a consultative and value added partnership to ensure their success with their direct mail programs.
- Lead discussions around achieving results and innovating with direct mail for customer success and account management to lift skill and capacity across the organization
- Contribute to and execute strategic plan proposals employing a forward-thinking approach to direct mail initiatives
- Solicit customer feedback and collaborate with Lob’s product and fulfillment to show responsiveness and commitment to continuous improvement
What will you bring to this role…
- 12+ years of overall experience, with an expertise in direct marketing and customer success
- 10+ years of experience in account leadership or sales
- Proven ability to meet retention and expansion targets
- Indirect account management experience: including onboarding and implementation, product adoption, driving customer innovation, upsells, cross sells and renewal management
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Advanced problem-solving skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate, present to, and influence key partners including executive and C-level
- Proven skill with juggling multiple account management projects at a time while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Have a “no customer left behind” commitment to your customers and Lob
- Experience using Salesforce strongly preferred, Clari and Outreach a plus
- Gratitude, scrappiness, a sense of purpose, and a kind and generous demeanor are musts!
At Lob, we are looking to #LevelUp and #EmpowerDiversity, we invite you to apply if you possess even some of these:
- Experience in Software sales;
- Exposure to and an understanding of Direct Mail campaigns is a plus;
- Eager to learn with a passion for problem-solving and relationship-building;
- A motivated nature, the ability to work independently as a “self-starter”;
OTE: $170,000 - $185,000
OTE: $160,000 - $173,750
“Lob’s salary ranges are based on market data, relative to our size, industry and stage of growth. Salary is one part of total compensation, which also includes equity, perks and competitive benefits. Salary decisions are based on many factors including geographic location, qualifications for the role, skillset, proficiency and experience level. Lob reasonably expects to pay candidates who are offered roles within the provided salary ranges.”
We offer remote working opportunities in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NE, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, and WA, unless specified otherwise in the job description above.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2022
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500