Head of Product Design
Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the role
We are seeking a talented Head of Design to own the user experience for Dandy’s product portfolio. As the leader of our product design team, you will work closely with product management, engineering, and data to develop cutting-edge products and services for the dental industry.
Your primary responsibilities will include leading and executing the design strategy across our products and services, managing and mentoring a team of product designers, and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure that our customer needs are met. You will also have a proven track record of creating engaging experiences and supporting business models that drive growth in a B2B environment.
In this role, attention to detail and a hands-on approach will be critical as you work side-by-side with your team to deliver exceptional results. You will also be expected to lead by example and possess a high say/do ratio.
What You’ll Do
- Foster cross-functional relationships with teams outside the EPD organization, including Operations, Marketing, Clinical Support, and others.
- Play a prominent role in moving from strategy to execution, as well as serving as an internal thought leader and key facilitator of the design process
- Lead by example, bringing strong leadership to influence and inspire Product Designers to push boundaries to achieve excellence in delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Build a high-performing Product Design team at Dandy, and coach the existing design team at Dandy to reach their maximum potential
- Help launch new and innovative cross-platform experiences cross-platform, while continuously improving existing systems and services
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of UX experience in the tech industry; SaaS experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in building and leading a team of designers
- A coach who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work
- Results-driven leader who is fearless about execution, can champion a vision and roadmap, and is not afraid to dig into the details with the front-line team
- Data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- Ability to leverage strong problem-solving and analytical skills to transform challenging user experience and business and technology problems into actionable paths
- Proven track record of developing cross-functional partnerships across the organization
- Leadership experience within a high-growth technology environment
Bonus Points For
- Experience working within a tech-enabled services environment
- Experience within healthcare and/or logistics industries
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Dandy is $275,000 - $300,000 plus equity. Actual compensation is based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the primary work location, candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience.
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?