Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
We are looking for a Shipping Specialist to join our rapidly growing venture-backed company. The Shipping Specialist will operate as part of a team of 10+ shipping specialists in a state of the art and digital-only facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. You will be responsible for ensuring that orders are correctly packaged and shipped per customer expectations and deadlines. If you’re looking to disrupt the dental lab industry status quo and take lead in building and scaling a “Gold Standard Shipping Department” per aggressive growth targets, this is the right place for you! We don’t just want to offer you a job, we want to help you build a career by providing you with future opportunities for growth.
What You'll Do
- Operate Quickly: Directly package and ship orders in a fast-paced environment, coordinating quickly with other teams to get high priority orders out the door first
- Drive Improvements: Serve as the go-to individual with firsthand insights on workflow, equipment, and capacity improvement opportunities to help drive high quality products
- Problem Solve: Roll up your sleeves to quickly troubleshoot and solve process, equipment and/or technology issues as you operate within a large scale and fast paced dental lab
- Quality Adherence: Uphold strict standard operating procedures (e.g., order intake quality checks) and lead by example. High quality is key to efficient scalability!
- Collaborate: Work with other team members to identify and quickly address bottlenecks
What We're Looking For
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 0-2+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Passion for tackling problems and breaking them down into smaller manageable steps
- High level of comfort with digital tools and technology
- Very high attention to detail and organizational skills
- Team player attitude and willingness to help others to help the team exceed expectations
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new concepts, tools, and workflows quickly
- Strong self-motivation, self-direction, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and listening skills
Bonus Points For
- Worked in a dental lab, specifically in a shipping department
- Familiar with dental lab management softwares, specifically Labtrac
- Outstanding professional references to share
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?