Director of Strategy and Planning, Go-To-Market
Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced leader and operator to drive our commercial and revenue strategy and operations across the U.S. The candidate will have a proven track record of building teams and systems directly tied to top and bottom-line results of the organization, ideally with experience in crafting and scaling operational processes and excellence in a customer obsessed manner.
Success in this position requires the candidate to be an expert at managing relationships, driving management of change and scaling operational excellence, defining strategy to drive stellar customer experience, seeking insights from data that lead to better questions, setting goals and metrics, and driving progress and velocity within the organization. The candidate will be required to work across account management, sales, marketing, customer support and experience, dental product lines and other internal groups to drive Dandy’s success on customer experience and revenue with our doctor clients.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with our AM, CX, Onboarding, and Marketing Operations leaders and their teams, serving as a subject matter expert in revenue operations to monitor and report on the revenue funnel.
- Determine and direct operational priorities connected to new business and customer acquisition, growth, customer success (retention) to effectively achieve revenue goals
- Develop process, systems, and productivity metrics to ensure our teams are hitting their performance targets. Incorporate early detection and identification into the process to ensure timely actions are taken.
- Evolve the methods and tools to measure, report, and recommend improvements on team effectiveness and enablement.
- Build a robust analytical base and help establish KPIs for making data-driven decisions on everything from account manager revenue targets, performance measurement, compensation planning, account and service tier segmentation, voice of customer, and dashboards to helping lead quarterly/yearly planning cycles. Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the commercial and finance organizations.
- Prioritize investments in enabling technologies in support of commercial organization productivity including enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Build processes and systems to accurately forecast revenue, particularly variable transaction-based revenue, and associated incentive compensation, as the company creates a playbook for revenue and service delivery.
What We're Looking For
- Experience: 7-9 years of professional experience, with 5+ years of experience leading RevOps teams for hyper growth companies with complex selling environments. Demonstrated success in supporting multi-channel sales efforts, complex sales campaigns, sales to service handoffs, and customer success motions.
- Thrives in ambiguity: Leads others through the fog
- Analytical: Can proactively slice and dice data in multiple ways to detect conclusive patterns. Advanced operational modeling skills are a must.
- Empathetic: Use metrics, insights, and EQ to help the RevOps team be successful. Emotional intelligence to have genuine and respectful conversations when it comes to incentive compensation and other feedback.
- Collaboration: Experience working cross-functionally at multiple levels of the organization including executives, to create processes, solve problems and develop strategies. Champions the needs of the commercial business with the product team to ensure our technology exceeds the expectations of our customers and influences product roadmaps.
- Strategic: Strategic thinking around revenue, marketing, and customer success by using data-driven insights to create plans of action. The ability to understand the company’s strategy and translate it into marketing programs, messages, and goals.
- Forward-thinking: Ability to solve complex problems and articulate the root cause and recommended solutions. A strong ability to address current-day challenges and account for what is needed now and in the future. Ruthlessly prioritizes -- continuously applies 80/20 principle.
- Operational Excellence: Able to drive projects to completion and organize/prioritize work for self and the teams. Sustain execution and urgency in the work processes.
- Strong Communicator: Executive presence and polish with the ability to work and communicate at the executive level while still staying hands-on with the sales, partnerships, post-sales, and marketing team. The ability to clearly articulate the company’s commercial strategy so everyone understands the vision and goals.
- Culture Setter: Be part of the Commercial Leadership Team, setting the tone on culture from the top.
- Team Manager and Leader: Strong experience leading teams across multiple offices and time zones.
Bonus Points For:
- Consulting experience
- Outstanding professional references to share
- Experience within the dental industry
- Part of a startup acquisition or IPO
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Dandy is $170,000 - $190,000 plus equity. Actual compensation is based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the primary work location, candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience.
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?