Sr. Product Designer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2023
At Netomi AI, we are on a mission to create artificial intelligence that builds customer love for the world’s largest global brands.
Some of the largest brands are already using Netomi AI’s platform to solve mission-critical problems. This would allow you to work with top-tier clients at the senior level and build your network.
Backed by the world’s leading investors such as Y-Combinator, Index Ventures, Jeffrey Katzenberg (co-founder of DreamWorks) and Greg Brockman (co-founder & President of OpenAI/ChatGPT), you will become a part of an elite group of visionaries who are defining the future of AI for customer experience. We are building a dynamic, fast growing team that values innovation, creativity, and hard work. You will have the chance to significantly impact the company’s success while developing your skills and career in AI.
Want to become a key part of the Generative AI revolution? We should talk.
You’ll be responsible for creating and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes that will be used by our Engineering team to build a world-class product.
You will make an impact on the overall design and functionality of the Netomi platform and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. You will work closely with Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams to help build a leading-edge experience for our customers. Preference will be given to candidates based in the Toronto area.
- Facilitate product design by researching, conceiving, wire-framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for our platform.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to existing and new functions and features based on hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Work closely with product managers to understand requirements and develop high-level and detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes, to effectively communicate interaction, design, product and user goals.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and high-quality design deliverables to be used by the engineering team to build products.
- Work closely with developers to address design implementation challenges.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions with a user-centered design approach
- Rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Act as a UX mentor and guide to our current and future UX designers.
- Document findings, improvements and processes, as needed.
- Overall 6+ years of relevant experience working as a UX designer, and 5+ years in B2B SaaS products/platforms, complex enterprise platforms.
- Proficient in interaction design, user testing, and user research techniques – using research and data to drive high-value product decisions.
- With a strong attention to detail, you are data driven and use quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with product managers and engineers.
- Clear communication skills and an ability to tell compelling stories and articulate the rationale behind your design decisions.
- Strong sketching skills and can move seamlessly from low-fidelity whiteboard scribbles and paper sketches to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Intimately familiar with the latest user-centered design trends and methodologies, setting up and working with design systems.
- An expert with Figma and/or Sketch and Sketch-related tools (Abstract, Zeplin, InVision), Photoshop, Illustrator, and various other tools.
- Planning and integrating concepts into a broad range of visual planning/ presentational/ business tools – Miro, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, etc.
- Experience with UX project planning tools such as Jira, Trello, Monday.
- A diverse digital portfolio that shows just how good you are with interaction design, user experience, typography, colors, layouts and images.
- Design Degree (Visual communication, Graphic Design, Interaction Design or Human Computer Interaction or Anthropology) or equivalent experience/strong portfolio.
- Experience working with multiple design and/or development teams in different time zones
- UI experience in building, uplifting and/or maintaining a design library of components, demonstrating a strong understanding of patterns and pixel-perfect consistency.
Netomi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.