Data Scientist - II
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
At Netomi AI, we are on a mission to create artificial intelligence that builds customer love for the world’s largest global brands.
Some of the largest brands are already using Netomi AI’s platform to solve mission-critical problems. This would allow you to work with top-tier clients at the senior level and build your network.
Backed by the world’s leading investors such as Y-Combinator, Index Ventures, Jeffrey Katzenberg (co-founder of DreamWorks) and Greg Brockman (co-founder & President of OpenAI/ChatGPT), you will become a part of an elite group of visionaries who are defining the future of AI for customer experience. We are building a dynamic, fast growing team that values innovation, creativity, and hard work. You will have the chance to significantly impact the company’s success while developing your skills and career in AI.
Want to become a key part of the Generative AI revolution? We should talk.
Do you believe in the missions of intelligence agencies? Are you interested in building state-of-the-art NLP models and solving complex technical challenges? Do you want to be a part of our journey in shaping the future of Automated Customer Service?
If you are interested in working on some of the most challenging technical and programmatic issues, we would love to discuss with you the exciting work and career opportunities at Netomi.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Netomi, you will drive NLP and machine learning projects and be responsible for developing methodology and solutions to support technical, analytical, and operational requirements.
- Design, develop and deploy machine learning models and algorithms for NLP/LLMs or deep learning models at scale to solve complex business problems.
- Work with large datasets, perform data analysis, and develop data pipelines to support model development.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams to integrate machine learning solutions into products and services.
- Conduct experiments, test hypotheses, and perform statistical analysis to validate models and drive improvements.
- Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning, NLP/LLMs, deep learning, and related technologies.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist, preferably in a product development environment, with a focus on building NLP/LLMs or Deep Learning models.
- Strong programming skills in Python or other relevant programming languages.
- Experience with machine learning libraries (e.g., sci-kit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis, probability theory, and experimental design.
- Experience with LLMs, deep learning, NLP, and chatbot development.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with a variety of statistical models, including logistic regression, clustering, classification, SVMs, neural networks, Random Forest, CRF, Bayesian models, supervised/unsupervised learning, etc.
- Expertise in NLP techniques, including sentiment analysis, word embedding, part-of-speech (POS) tagging, topic modeling, text classification, machine translation, speech recognition, named entity recognition (NER), natural language generation (NLG), and other related techniques.
- Experience with various deep learning techniques, including CNNs and RNNs, and a strong understanding of building and training these models for different applications. Familiarity with LMs and LLMs such as GPT, BERT, and Transformer models is highly desirable.
- Strong ability to rapidly comprehend and implement research papers related to AI, as well as remain informed of the latest advancements in NLP technologies.
- Deep knowledge and experience in structured and unstructured data Information Extraction, Knowledge Information Retrieval, and Knowledge Representation.
- Self-motivated and driven to satisfy intellectual curiosity through the pursuit of continuous learning and skill development.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Optional: Experience with large-scale data processing technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and distributed computing systems.
Netomi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.