Conversational AI Designer
Software Engineering, Design, Data Science
Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote · Earth
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
At Netomi AI, we are on a mission to create artificial intelligence that builds customer love for the world’s largest global brands.
Some of the largest brands are already using Netomi AI’s platform to solve mission-critical problems. This would allow you to work with top-tier clients at the senior level and build your network.
Backed by the world’s leading investors such as Y-Combinator, Index Ventures, Jeffrey Katzenberg (co-founder of DreamWorks) and Greg Brockman (co-founder & President of OpenAI/ChatGPT), you will become a part of an elite group of visionaries who are defining the future of AI for customer experience. We are building a dynamic, fast growing team that values innovation, creativity, and hard work. You will have the chance to significantly impact the company’s success while developing your skills and career in AI.
Want to become a key part of the Generative AI revolution? We should talk.
We are looking for a Conversational AI Designer to join our team who can design creative and natural conversation flows for both B2B and B2C brands. The ideal candidate combines conversation design experience and a deep knowledge of human language and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Our ideal candidate will have an inventor’s spirit and a passion for teaching. In this role, you will design leading-edge conversational experiences and develop, articulate, and promote best practices in the field of conversational design.
- Engage with clients to understand their business goals, customer personas, and resolution paths
- Analyze customer journeys and develop flows optimized for the messaging interface
- Create conversational design documents, including bot personas, example dialogs, conversation flow diagrams, error handling patterns
- Design effective, meaningful and delightful conversational experiences using user-centric design methodologies
- Work directly with developers, integrators, architects and QA to build and iterate on the user journeys
- Write effective and natural dialogues
- Create demos and mock-ups, wireframes, and templates that clearly convey the conversation design to both external and internal teams
- When needed, design and lead different types of testing (A/B testing, focus groups, usability testing, QA), synthesize results, and iterate based on results to ensure customer-centric and highly usable products
- Analyze the user experience with live and upcoming virtual assistants to make recommendations for improving user experience
- 2-4 years of experience in designing text-enabled interaction flows, preferably in conversational AI or chatbot design spaces
- Experience designing for Assistant, AI, machine learning, or AR/VR products
- Experience partnering with other designers, product managers and engineers
- Experience balancing user needs and technical requirements
- Experience creating multiple demos or prototypes showcasing the bleeding-edge capabilities of conversational design
- Experience communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences
- Experience with working directly with client stakeholders of all levels
- Experience using agile development practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Disclaimer: For all United States-based applicants, please note that Netomi participates in E-Verify for the purpose of work authorization. More information on E-verify can be found here and here.
Netomi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.